Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Building Concept

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great initial concept.

    I found this study that I hope can be beneficial. If not, it should be an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Revitalization through cyber based models makes perfect sense. Seeing as almost all designers do their design work through CAD programs your topic seems to be just an extension of what is taking place which makes it very relevant. Might be interesting to see if there are any facts on the percentage of designers utilizing CAD (if it isn't 100% already...).

    One question I had was what genre of game are you designing for/what type of game do you think would provide the best immersive experience with the Architecture in the game? I would think a FPS but not sure where you are leaning - I suppose it would depend on what type of experience you want people to take away from the interaction with the architecture.

    Probably just adding more questions to your already extensive list of such but I think your topic is quite relevant to today's architecture field.

    W

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently I didn't paste the link I was suggesting..... my apologies.

    http://74.125.155.132/scholar?q=cache:jUYJ19THizAJ:scholar.google.com/+The+Role+of+Architecture+in+Video+Games&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea behind your topic. Having architects on a design team would help improve the visuals in a city landscape and in turn increasing the immersion effect. In my opinion classical architecture isn't being used enough in video game environments and is usually the best setting for survival horror games. I was wondering what your favorite in-game example of this style of architecture was?

    ReplyDelete